Sunday, August 24, 2008

Jewel's Sand Box News Receives and Nominates Weblog Award


Thank you so much Terri Forehand at Heartfelt Words 4 Kids for nominating me for this writer’s award. Terry offers warmth and support through her wonderful ideas, stories and links to help children and their families through a life altering crisis whether it is health, divorce, grief and loss or friendships. She is a blessing to those who know her.

My instructions are to nominate other blogs worthy of this award. There are so many WONDERFUL blogs to choose from and it was a hard decision for me.

DRUM ROLL!

The following have been chosen for the Brillante Weblog Premio award. The recipients are not listed in any particular order. It would be impossible for me to rank them because they are all outstanding! Thank you all for sharing a part of your writing world.

Carolyn Howard-Johnson’s Sharing with Writers and Readers

Carolyn unselfishly gives a wealth of marketing and promotional information to writers. Her love for the written word is evident and her successes of several published books showcase her many talents. Reading her blog has inspired me to move forward and not to worry about yesterday’s writing. I can almost hear her say, “After all, you were writing your best then and today’s best is better. That is what experience does.”

Lysa Terkeurst’s Proverb’s 31 Ministries

Lysa is an award winning author of several books and mom of five children. She offers her readers’ thought provoking ideas and opens her daily living view that encourages me to get through whatever is happening at the time.

Susan A. Meyer’s Susan’s Thoughts and Ramblings

Susan offer’s to her readers’ children’s writer interviews and her thoughts on writing for children. I discovered in no time at all, I couldn’t help but feel like I was sitting across the table from her sipping my favorite Latte chatting about what we both love, writing for children.

Max Elliot Anderson’s Books for Boys

Max is a multi-talented writer and video producer. He offers several great adventure books to read, as well as awesome thought provoking ideas on book promotion and writing stories for children. Check out his post about his adventure with a message in a bottle idea and you will see what I mean.

Marybeth Whalen’s Cheaper By The Half Dozen

Marybeth is an accomplished author and mom of six children who loves to share her writing views, organizational skills and personal family stories with others. When you read her stories, be prepared for a good belly laugh!

Robyn Opie’s Writing Children’s Books with Robyn Opie

Robyn is a prolific Australian writer who posts tons of marketing and writing tips as she shares her writing journey with others. I find myself identifying with her struggles and I love her out of the box, edgy writing style.

Mary DeMuth’s So You Wanna Be Published

Mary’s blog has a multitude writing nuggets from how to get published to honing your writing skills information. I call her site my fountain of muse because I have yet to go there and not find something that is encouraging and stretches my writing brain muscles. In fact I had to put my self on a diet from her blog so I could get my writing goals completed.

Congratulations everyone! Now it is your turn to bless someone with this award.


Rules for recipients of the Brillante Weblog Premio are as follows:

1. The award may be displayed on a winner's blog.

2. Add a link to the person you received the award from.

3. Nominate up to seven other blogs.

4. Add their links to your blog.

5. Add a message to each person that you have passed the award on in the comments section of their blog.

Resource box: Jewel Sample is a children’s writer and author of Flying Hugs and Kisses. For more information about her background and publications visit her at Jewel’s Sand Box News

2 comments:

Susan A. Meyers said...

Jewel,
Thank you!

God Bless,
Susan A. Meyers

Robyn Opie said...

Hi Jewel,
Thank you so much. I was suffering from the flu when I received your email. You made me feel better, at least in spirit. Thank you for that and this honour.
Best wishes,
Robyn Opie
www.robynopie.com